Last updated: 01 January, 2020
Who we are?
Little Joys of Life is a personal blog run by Nachiketa and Sanchari. Our website address is: https://littlejoysoflife.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, you can contact us by email.
What private information do we collect?
Information that you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when communicating with by leaving comments or using the contact form. This information is usually your name, email address, and optionally, your website address.
Information that are automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and analyze traffic to our website.
Like many websites, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
How do we use your information?
We use your information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes as described below. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
Deliver targeted advertising to you
To protect our website
We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
For other purposes
We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests, such as analytics, advertisement, promotion etc.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Who will your information be shared with?
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may be easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us by email.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
- Affiliate Marketing Programs
Amazon Affiliation and Booking.com Affiliate Partner Programme
- Content Optimization
Google Fonts, Google Site Search, Gravatar, Instagram embed, and YouTube video embed
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
Facebook social plugins, Pinterest social plugins, and Twitter social plugins
- Web and Mobile Analytics
How long do we keep your information?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata, such as your name, email address, IP address etc. are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Other automatically collected information such as cookies and session information will not be retained for more than a year.
How do we keep your information safe?
We have implemented appropriate security measures designed to protect the security of our website as well as any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
What rights do you have over your information?
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, or you need further clarification on related matter, you may contact us by email.
Little Joys of Life
Nachiketa and Sanchari
01 January, 2020